Wednesday 3 April 2013

Digipak Front & Back Cover Initial Drafts


 
Hello. Here are the initial drafts (minus the photography on the front cover of the 'band') of my front and back cover for my digipak. I decided to have the doodles on the front cover because, as I have discovered through analysis of music videos and digipaks, bands like to include something that makes it seem personal (eg. a 'backstage tour' music video) and I thought the doodles would establish this. Plus I like to doodle. I think I need to add more doodles, such as fire on the buildings, to suit the title of the album. Many thanks to fontmeme.com for providing me with fonts.
 
The kind soul on the back cover is our friend, Ben. He agreed to dress up as Frankenstein's Monster for me. This wasn't meant to be an actual shot, but I found it so hilarious I took a picture of it and then it actually ended up on the digipak. The picture suits the overall theme of monsters in normality, as it features Ben in an everyday situation whilst dressed as Frankenstein's Monster. I included a barcode and institution information to make it look official, and made up logos for the companies for this reason as well.
 
Can you guess where I got the titles for the songs from? English Lit 4 lyf.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment